RDX® QuikStation™ Removable Disk Array
The RDX® QuikStation™ is a network-attached highly flexible removable disk appliance for automated data protection, disaster recovery and archiving.
Flexible and Simple
The RDX QuikStation is designed and manufactured by Overland- Tandberg to be enormously flexible while being simple to set up and manage. The onboard multi-language, web-based management console provides remote configuration, control, security, and management from a standard browser.
Fits in Various Environments
The iSCSI connectivity of RDX QuikStation enables an easy integration into physical and virtual environments as well as hybrid cloud storage architectures. Providing multiple operation modes for disk volumes, removable disk, LTO tape automation* or a combination* of disk and tape results in most versatile data protection solution.
Overcome Capacity Limitations and Data Availability
Spanning data over several RDX media is possible by using either LTO Tape Automation modes or creating a single RDX Media volume that can be expanded but still maintains all RDX benefits of removability and protection of customer’s data.
High Performing iSCSI Network Storage
For high performance and resiliency, the QuikStation 4 provides two bonded Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) ports with load balancing and failover capabilities. QuikStation 8 is equipped with two 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports.
The RDX QuikStation is built on the award-winning RDX removable disk technology. The rugged RDX media needs no special care and is ideal for daily use in office environments. Full forward and backup compatibility between media and drives ensures unrestricted usage and investment protection during the entire media lifetime.
Data Integrity and Security
RDX WORM media are available for regulatory compliance archiving. RDX WORM has been assessed by KPMG AG Wirtschaftsprüfungsgesellschaft, Frankfurt am Main, to numerous regulations. To avoid threats by cryptolockers, RDX RansomBlock can be used to protect the RDX disk volumes while they are online. Alternatively, customers can use the LTO Tape Automation modes and benefit from the LTO Ransomware protection.
RDX® QuikStation™ 8
The RDX QuikStation 8 provides 8 integrated RDX drives. Combined with Tandberg Data’s 5TB RDX media, the system provides up to 40TB of online capacity and unlimited offline capacity.
QuikStation 8 is equipped with 2 x 10GbE port for maximum performance requirements. It offers protected modes for spanned disk volumes with a fault tolerance of either 1 or 2 RDX media to ensure full data availability.
this is the highly flexible and highly performant removable disk appliance that allows users to configure the unit as:
- 8 individual RDX QuikStor drives in removable and fixed disk mode (addressable via 1 to 8 hosts)
- 2 Logical Volumes with up to 4 RDX Drives** (addressable via 2 hosts)
- 1 Logical Volumes with up to 8 RDX Drives** (addressable via 1 host)
- Emulated StorageLoader™ (8 slots and 1 LTO tape drive)*
- Emulated StorageLibrary™ T24 (8 slots and 2 LTO tape drives)*
- Emulated disk autoloader (8 slots and 1 drive)
- 1 hybrid configurations that offer a combination of a LTO StorageLoader and 4 RDX targets.
RDX® QuikStation™ 4
The RDX QuikStation 4 provides 4 integrated RDX drives. Combined with Tandberg Data’s 5TB RDX media, the system provides up to 20TB of online capacity and unlimited offline capacity.
Highly flexible removable disk array for automated data protection, disaster recovery and archiving.
QuikStation 4 is equipped with 2 x 1 GbE port for maximum performance requirements. It offers protected modes for spanned disk volumes with a fault tolerance of either 1 or 2 RDX media to ensure full data availability.
- 1-4 individual RDX QuikStor removable disk targets (addressable via 1 to 4 hosts)
- 1-4 individual RDX QuikStor fixed disk targets (for Windows Backup)
- 1 Logical Volume with up to 4 RDX drives (removable and fixed disc mode)
- 1 Protected Logical Volume across all RDX drives with 1 disk fault tolerance (removable and fixed disc mode) Emulated disk autoloader (4 slots and 1 drive)
Built on RDX Removable Disk Technology
RDX Technology Features
- Combines the advantages of disk and tape
- Entry-level tape alternative
- Shock-proof and static-proof media
- Highly compatible: ISCSI/HDD
- Extremely easy to install and use
- Professional reliability
- Various media capacities from 500GB to 5TB
- 3-year media warranty
- Encryption capable
*LTO-3 Emulation does not limit the capacity of the RDX media used